Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Poetry of Trees (ft. Original Poetry)

Low country

The Virtue of a Winter Tree
by Sarah Paynter

Look to the trees in winter
Barren and yet they live.
Cold kiss of snow
clothes their naked bark,
No fruit tonight will they give.

Somber yet ever hopeful
Up to sky arms outstretched.
Its branches reach
To hold hands with God
In sky, silhouette is etched.

Though she may live where clouds fly,
Grounded unto cold ground.
Intimately
mingles with stone earth.
Through slow strength, a lover found.

Where lives the hope in springtime?
There expectations die:
They give new birth
To reality.
In barren confidence dreams reside.

Trees
By Joyce Kilmer

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
Buy only God can make a tree.




Jeffrey Daniel
"I realize there's something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they're experts at letting things go."


                                                            Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
 By Robert Frost
Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
                                                                    And miles to go before I sleep.



Kahlil Gibran
"Trees are poems that Earth writes upon the sky."

No comments:

Post a Comment